Newton Princess Stand alone Gravity Water Filter system
The Newton Princess is a complete system, no need to purchase add-ons to accomplish your needs. The beautiful 304 stainless canisters each hold approximately 2.25 gallons without filters installed, this is the same size as our Big Berkey. We ship the Newton Princess with a water view sight glass spigot so that you will know at a glance how much filtered water that you have in the lower chamber.
The Newton Princess has the capacity to use up to 4 filters in the top chamber, but most people find it necessary to utilize only 2 filters at a time which helps keep you cost way down.
The Newton Princess will arrive with:
- 2 stainless steel canisters with the lid and lid knob
- 2 British Berkefeld / Doulton ATC Super Sterasyl ceramic filters, 7 inches by 2 inches, (these filters will also fit ALL Berkey systems, including the Berkey Light and the Travel Berkey, the Big Berkey, and all the way up to the Crown Berkey)
- 2 B-2 post filters for Fluoride, Arsenic, and heavy metal reduction
- 1 Water View sight glass spigot
British Berkefeld / Doulton ATC Super Sterasyl
A Sterasyl microfilter plus granular activated carbon and lead removal media.
Filtration Rating (% particulate filtration efficiency)
- .09 Micron Absolute >99.99%
- .05 to .08 Micron Nominal >99.9%
- Suitable for use in Gravity Filters
- Recommended change frequency 6 months / 400 gallons
- 0.3 gallons per hour under gravity use
- E-Coli >99.99%
- Cholera >99.99%
- Shigella >99.99%
- Typhoid >99.99%
- Klebsiella Terrigenna >99.99%
- Cryptosporidium >99.99%
- Giardia >99.99%
- Insecticides (Lindane @ 0.1 ppb presence)
- Herbicides (Atrazine @ 1.2 ppb presence)
- Phenols (TCP@ 1.2 ppb presence)
- Polyaromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH’s @ 0.2 ppb presence)
- Trihalomethanes (Chloroform @ 150ppb presence)
- Free Chlorine Removal (2 mg cl/l challenge) >95% under gravity
- Lead Removal (@ PH 6.5 after 2244L) >94% under gravity
B - 2 Fluoride / Metal Reduction Element
This filter element is designed to reduce heavy metals, fluoride, color, Bromine, Pesticides, and chlorine/choramine in drinking water. The rate of adsorbtion is determined by contact time between the incoming water and time in the cartridge.
Adsorption will vary dependent upon the contaminants aimed for removal. Some contaminants will be more easily filtered with low pH range, whilst others will be more effective at a higher level. Percentage of reductions will vary from 50% to 95% over the life of the filter element based on the level of contaminant (s) found in your water supply.
Arsenic III >80%
Arsenic V >80%
Chromium VI >80%
Will also reduce Strontium, Uranium and Vanadium.
Due to the wide variety of contaminants that this filter can reduce, it is highly recommended that a water analysis be conducted prior to installation of this media cartridge. The suggested filter change will range based on water conditions. Please consult your dealer for specific replacement periods based on your analysis.
BIG BERKEY gravity water filter with 9 inch British Berkefeld Super Sterasyl Candles
Regular price: $265.00
Sale price: $189.00
BIG BERKEY Gravity Water Filter 2.25 Gallon with 2 Black Berkey Filters
Regular price: $279.00
Sale price: $258.00, 2/$490.00, 4/$928.00
BIG BERKEY Gravity Water Filter 2.25 Gallon with 4 Black Berkey Filters
Regular price: $379.00
Sale price: $358.00
Do-It-Yourself Water Filtration Products from Doulton Ceramic Filters, Rainshower Shower Filters, Kx Carbon Block Filters, WaterWise, Genesis Distiller, British Berkefeld, Berkey, Filmtec Reverse Osmosis Membranes, Katadyn, and other fine water filters. We have "No Plumber Required" Countertop Water filters, Under Counter water filters, and Gravity feed water filters all for the do it yourselfer
"There's no tragedy in life like the death of a child. Things never get back to the way they were."
"Love your child as if there is no tomorrow."
Note: Berkey Products not yet available for shipment to California and Iowa